Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Anyone remember that super-awesome game "NBA JAM?"

I do. In fact, I play it on my SNES emulator once in awhile.

"But Angryscott," you might be asking, "What does an old-school video game have to do with a Twins Baseball Blog?"

Well, gentle readers, it goes a little something like this:

If your player made three shots in a row (with no baskets by the opposing team), you were "On Fire." You're basketball would literally leave a trail of smoke and flame behind it. It was awesome.

After the second uncontested basket, you're player was merely "heating up" en route to being on fire. The ball wouldn't be aflame, but it would smoulder and give off puffs of smoke.

Which brings me to my point:



He's heating up.

8 shut-out innings? That, m'boy, gives you you're second straight MotH (second straight meaning his last two consecutive starts). One more, and you'll be on fire.

Well, not literally. Figuratively.

Anyway, you were a sight to behold. And like Glen did last night, you gave our bullpen some good rest.

As for you, Jesse Crain? I'm quite alright with you giving up a hit in the ninth, because that hit didn't turn into a run. Good show, sir. Keep it up too.

And the boys were 3-4 with RisP last night. Good. I was afraid I was going to have to do a photo mash-up of the guys running away from some Rice RispY cereal or something.

Which I might go do now anyways, since that sounds fun and silly.

Anyhow, that's a sixth straight series win for us. If Baker stays true to form, we might be able to pull out them brooms tomorrow afternoon.

It's a good day to be a Twins fan!

No comments: