Saturday, April 10, 2010

I have a fever...

Guys, I was willing to overlook the no runs with loaded bases and nobody out yesterday. YESTERDAY.

NOT TODAY.

You know as well as I do (well, probably better, since I don't play baseball. In fact, if you see me running, wait five seconds and shoot the bear*) that when you load the bases with no outs and fail to score in back-to-back games, you're more than likely to lose one or both games. Discipline, boys - discipline. OK, now I'm gonna go drink some Mountain Dew and eat Ruffles, after we get to the good stuff:

The two run dinger in the 7th for the winning -and only - Twins runs scored in yet another victory (as well as that double earlier in the game) makes you the automatic MotH, former Prime Minister of Lower Saxony.



Here's a link if you're wondering what I'm talking about. History is important, yo.

His co-MotH is Scott Baker. One run in 7 innings is pretty damn awesome, and a nice bounce-back from the game one jibblies you suffered from. I like it. So here's your reward, Scotty:



And a close runner-up to both Jesse Crain and John Rauch. I can't tell you how nice it is to see Jesse regain his old form of being completely awesome, and how nice it is to see Rauch step into the closer role and be effective, what with the loss of Nathan for the year. But without Scotty's most excellent effort and Kubel's dinger, it would have been for naught.

Also, I have to add this - six innings with no errors is awesome. Keep. It. Up.

See you tomorrow for series notes, peoples.

*That joke is stolen blatantly from my friend and former stand-up buddy Evan Nelson. Since he's a Twins fan, I hope he doesn't mind.

No comments: